About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm a recovering bulimic, but there's way more to me than that. I hate diets, and strongly believe in intuitive or "normal" eating. I'm sometimes triggering but always truthful. Enjoy!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Love Your Tongue, Don't Destroy It!!


The latest accessory in extreme dieting: a steel mesh implant for your tongue? A surgeon will implant the device in the tongue making it physically painful for a person to eat solid food. Um, gross. It begs the question; when does dieting turn into an eating disorder? I've done some pretty self-destructive things in my life, but even on my worst day would not have considered this procedure. The fact that medical doctors are performing this operation that basically amounts to forced anorexia quite frankly pisses me off. Check out the article: http://www.allure.com/beauty/blogs/reporter/2009/09/the-new-extreme-diet-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment