About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm a recovering bulimic, but there's way more to me than that. I hate diets, and strongly believe in intuitive or "normal" eating. I'm sometimes triggering but always truthful. Enjoy!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Talking Back to a Binge


Dear Binge Voice,


I know that you feel like being especially vocal today. I might have listened to you in the past, but you've been in charge for the last 4 years; it's my turn now. I recognize that when I first got out of treatment my way of dealing with you was by simply ignoring you. I realize now that you took care of me in the only way you knew how at the time. It wasn't healthy and I have much better ways of coping now. I know that these new strategies may be hard for you to accept at first; they were for me too. I trusted you to handle my emotions for years, it's time for you to trust me. In return I promise to listen when you speak. I accept that you are a part of me. The part that lets me know when I am stressed, when I have too much going on, when I'm not expressing myself enough. You mean well, but your "fixes" are not helpful anymore. You don't have to believe me right now; I know eventually you will come around and see that our new way of dealing with issues is better for both of us.

Love Always,

Melly

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know that I thought this was great. My binge voice is yelling at me right now and I'm doing everything I can to suppress it. This blog post helped. =) Hopefully I'll be able to do that all night.

    ReplyDelete